Panda Express Beijing Beef is a popular Chinese-American dish that features crispy strips of beef coated in a sweet and savory sauce with a hint of spice. It is inspired by the flavors of Beijing cuisine and is a signature dish at the fast-casual restaurant chain Panda Express. The dish is made using high-quality ingredients, including marinated beef, onions, garlic, ginger, and a blend of soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Served over a bed of rice or noodles, Panda Express Beijing Beef is a delicious and satisfying meal that is sure to please any fan of Asian-inspired cuisine.
Panda Express Beijing Beef
Panda Express Beijing Beef is a popular dish offered by the fast-food chain, Panda Express. It is a sweet and spicy beef dish that is inspired by the traditional Beijing-style cuisine.
The dish is made using thinly sliced beef that is coated with a sweet and tangy sauce made from a combination of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, and red pepper flakes. The beef is then stir-fried with crispy onions, bell peppers, and sliced carrots, which adds a crunchy texture to the dish. The final product is a delicious, savory, and slightly spicy dish that is perfect for those who enjoy bold flavors. Panda Express Beijing Beef is a must-try dish for anyone looking to experience authentic Chinese flavors in a quick and convenient setting.
Beijing Beef Panda Express Calories
Panda Express Beijing Beef is a popular fast-food dish that is known for its sweet and spicy flavor. However, it is also important to consider the calorie content of this dish. The ingredients used in the recipe can vary based on the recipe and cooking method, which can impact the calorie count.
A typical serving of Panda Express Beijing Beef contains around 500-600 calories, which can be relatively high for a single dish. This calorie count is mainly due to the use of flank steak, which is a lean cut of beef, but the addition of cornstarch, oil, and sauce can increase the calorie content. To enjoy this dish in moderation, it is recommended to pair it with healthy sides such as steamed vegetables or a salad to balance out the calorie content. It is also important to note that Panda Express offers healthier options on their menu, including low-calorie entrees and sides, that can be a better choice for those who are watching their calorie intake.
Panda Express Beijing Beef Recipe
Here is Panda Express Beijing Beef Ingredients for you Reference
- Finely sliced against the grain flank steak weighing 1 pound
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced flank steak, cornstarch, salt, and black pepper until the beef is evenly coated.
- In a big skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the beef to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy and browned. The beef should be taken out of the griddle and put aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced bell peppers, carrot, and onions. Stir-fry the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger to the skillet and stir-fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, water, and red pepper flakes.
- Stirring is necessary after adding the sauce to the skillet of vegetables.
- Add the cooked beef back to the skillet and stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes until the beef is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the Panda Express Beijing Beef over steamed rice and garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
Q:What is Beijing Beef Panda Express?
A: Beijing Beef is a sweet and tangy dish at Panda Express made with crispy beef, red bell peppers, and onions in a sweet chili sauce.
Q: Is Beijing Beef at Panda Express gluten-free?
A: No, Beijing Beef at Panda Express is not gluten-free as it contains wheat-based ingredients like soy sauce and flour.
Q: How spicy is Beijing Beef at Panda Express?
A: Beijing Beef is not considered a spicy dish. It has a mild and sweet flavor with a slight tanginess.
Q: Does Beijing Beef at Panda Express contain peanuts?
A: No, Beijing Beef at Panda Express does not contain peanuts. However, it is prepared in a shared kitchen that also processes peanuts and other allergens.
Q: Is Beijing Beef at Panda Express available for online ordering?
A: Yes, you can order Beijing Beef and other dishes from Panda Express online via their website or mobile app.
Q:What type of beef is used in Beijing Beef at Panda Express?
A: Panda Express uses flank steak, which is thinly sliced and coated in a batter before being fried to achieve its signature crispy texture.
Q: Is Beijing Beef at Panda Express spicy?
A: Beijing Beef is not a particularly spicy dish, but it does have a slightly tangy flavor due to the sweet chili sauce used in its preparation.
Q: How many calories does Beijing Beef at Panda Express contain?
A: A single serving of Beijing Beef at Panda Express contains around 660 calories. However, this can vary depending on the serving size and any additional sides or sauces that are ordered.